Job Title: Systems Engineer (Space and Missile Systems)
Location: El Segundo, CA
Activities: Zee Force, a service disabled veteran owned small business specializing in engineering, information technology, cyber-security, and training, is looking for a results-oriented Systems Engineer (Space and Missile Systems). We are seeking a highly motivated individual looking to join our rapidly growing company. The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced individual who is hard-working, has the ability to excel in a fast-paced government contractor environment, and is someone who has a positive energetic attitude.
The Systems Engineer (Space and Missile Systems) will be part of the team supporting the Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) at Los Angeles Air Force Base. The candidate will support the certification of New Entrant Launch Service Providers. This position is in the El Segundo, CA area.
- Analyzes new entrant launch vehicle subsystems for compliance with certification design, test, and performance requirements
- Supports development and execution of project engineering certification audit plans
- Develops technical and risk assessments of launch vehicle subsystems
- Coordinates requirements verification with Manufacturing and Quality Assurance team members
- Supports and, if necessary, assists with conducting technical reviews such as engineering review boards and various design reviews
- Interfaces with certification representatives to include United States Air Force (USAF), Government, New Entrant, Federally funded research and development centers (FFRDCs), and other Government agencies
- Applies company quality assurance requirements to all certification products, reports, and review
- Reports on status of sub-system activities and products
- Captures, updates, and resolves risks, issues, risk mitigation plans, and data requests supporting technical reviews
- Other Duties as Assigned
- 10 years of experience launch vehicle/space sub-system and systems engineering expertise.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Math, or Physical Sciences; will consider less experience in lieu of advanced degrees (8 years with MS)
- Experience conducting and assessing systems engineering reviews such as System Requirements Review (SRR), Preliminary Design Review (PDR), Critical Design Review (CDR), System Design Review (SDR), etc.
- Experience in one of the following launch vehicle subsystem areas: structures (Composite or metallics), or Propulsion
- Experience interfacing with computer-based database and scheduling tools
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Some CONUS travel required
- Active Secret DOD Clearance
Other jobs at Zee Force
Acquisition Cost/Pricing Support
Process Analyst, Sr
Cyber Package Technical Expert
Architecture and Engineering Analyst
Sr. Technical Data and Content Analyst (PID 1314)
Senior Software Developer Lead