Job Title: Mid-Level Link 16 System Engineer
Location: San Diego, California
Activities: These positions will support the Program Executive Office Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence (PEO C4I) in their work to transform, modernize, improve, and sustain current and future operational maritime tactical Command and Control needs into effective and affordable C2 capabilities for Navy, Marine Corps, Joint, and Coalition warfighters. The overarching goal is to integrate programs into single C2 capabilities, provide configuration and scalable solutions to various platforms, and align to the FORCEnet roadmap.
- Support all aspects of program systems engineering for Link 16. Apply system engineering principles and expertise to review and provide technical comments on the specifications and interface documents that establish the Functional Baseline (FBL), Allocated Baseline (ABL) and Product Baseline (PBL), to include reviewing Technical Data Packages.
- Assist in the definition of system requirements, allocation of System and Subsystem requirements, and coordination of design, integration, and certification of subsystems and integration of total system.
- Participate in the conduct of technical investigations in systems design. Provide technical guidance or support for the development or troubleshooting of systems. Support operations and maintenance support through hardware and software updates to fielded programs.
- Prepare documentation such as system specifications, and test procedures.
- Participate in engineering analyses, trade studies and feasibility assessments in support of systems engineering activities including technical support for Analyses of Alternatives (AoAs).
- Review architectures describing engineering requirements and solutions. Review engineering architectures that address implementation issues. Review or develop engineering reference implementations and tools to validate policies, procedures and compliance with standards
- Review system-level integration test and evaluation plans and procedures, identify and report deficiencies, originate reviews for operations and maintenance procedures or checklists for fielded systems. Support system requirements development and allocation to product baselines for new ship construction platforms.
- Assist in development of change proposals to existing tactical data link MIL-STDs to support C2P, Link 16 and LMMT system requirements. Evaluate proposed changes to data link MIL-STDs proposed by other organizations for impact to C2P, Link 16 and LMMT programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Electrical or Computer Science).
- Active Secret DoD security clearance.
- Possess at least two (2) years of specific JTIDS and MIDS on Ship (MOS) system engineering experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of JTIDS and MOS system designs.
- Knowledge of NSA crypto modernization implementation processes and their application to JTIDS and MOS terminals.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Link 16 crypto modernization and frequency remapping requirements and their traceability to JTIDS and MOS systems requirements and design.
- Possess at least two (2) years Acquisition Program Management support.
Location: San Diego, California
Travel: As required
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Required Clearance: Active Secret DoD security clearance.
Other jobs at Zee Force
Acquisition Cost/Pricing Support
Process Analyst, Sr
Architecture and Engineering Analyst
Cyber Package Technical Expert
Sr. Technical Data and Content Analyst (PID 1314)
Senior Software Developer Lead