Job Title: Mid Tactical Data Link System Engineer
Location: San Diego, California
Activities: These positions will support the Program Executive Office Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence (PEO C4I) in their work to transform, modernize, improve, and sustain current and future operational maritime tactical Command and Control needs into effective and affordable C2 capabilities for Navy, Marine Corps, Joint, and Coalition warfighters. The overarching goal is to integrate programs into single C2 capabilities, provide configuration and scalable solutions to various platforms, and align to the FORCEnet roadmap.
- Utilize engineering experience with USN shipboard combat systems, the Command and Control Processor (C2P), and Link 16 systems to provide technical combat system and tactical data link system architecture support including tactical data link functional allocation and interfaces between specific combat system and tactical data link systems.
- Conduct technical investigations in systems design. Provide technical guidance or support for the development or troubleshooting of systems.
- Apply system engineering principles and expertise to review and provide technical comments on the specifications and interface documents that establish the Functional Baseline (FBL), Allocated Baseline (ABL) and Product Baseline (PBL), to include reviewing Technical Data Packages.
- Define, design, and develop new system requirements and allocation of System and Subsystem requirements. Coordinate design of subsystems and integration of total system.
- Conduct technical investigations in systems design. Prepare documentation such as system specifications, test procedures, and presentations for technical briefings as required.
- Conduct systems engineering, engineering analyses, trade studies and feasibility assessments in support of systems engineering activities including technical support for Analyses of Alternatives (AoAs).
- Review architectures describing engineering requirements and solutions. Review engineering architectures that address implementation issues. Review or develop engineering reference implementations and tools to validate policies, procedures and compliance with standards
- Review system-level integration test and evaluation plans and procedures, identify and report deficiencies, originate reviews for operations and maintenance procedures or checklists for fielded systems. Support system requirements development and allocation to product baselines for new ship construction platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering. Active Secret DoD security clearance.
- At least 2 years with USN shipboard combat systems with USN shipboard combat systems, the Command and Control Processor (C2P) and Link 16 systems.
- Knowledge of shipboard combat system and tactical data link system architecture to include tactical data link functional allocation and interfaces between specific combat system and tactical data link systems.
Location: San Diego, California
Travel: As required
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Required Clearance: Secret
Other jobs at Zee Force
Acquisition Cost/Pricing Support
Process Analyst, Sr
Cyber Package Technical Expert
Architecture and Engineering Analyst
Sr. Technical Data and Content Analyst (PID 1314)
Senior Software Developer Lead