Job Title: Senior Data Engineer
Location: San Diego, California
Activities: This position will support the Program Executive Office Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence (PEO C4I) in their work to transform, modernize, improve, and sustain current and future operational maritime tactical Command and Control needs into effective and affordable C2 capabilities for Navy, Marine Corps, Joint, and Coalition warfighters. The overarching goal is to integrate programs into single C2 capabilities, provide configuration and scalable solutions to various platforms, and align to the FORCEnet roadmap.
- Job Responsibilities:
- Provide engineering and technical support services to assist in the development, upgrade, review, sustainment, production and delivery of program documentation and data.
- Assist with the development of the C4ISR Data Strategy which includes Information Operations (IO), Combat Systems, Tactical Communications, C2 and Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) domains.
- Assist in the preparation of point papers and support documentation to facilitate the integration of procured technologies with current and future Maritime C2, Support C2, Tactical C2, and, Defensive C2 programs as they relate Navy Tactical Cloud Reference Implementation (NTC RI) utilizing computing component (Cloudera), a Big Data analytic component (Hadoop Distributed Files System, Accumulo, MapReduce, and Storm), and a Data Storage component (Content Zone).
- Assist in the establishment of program/project databases/spreadsheets to support system engineering requirements. This includes: problem resolution, use of data/statistical analysis tools, support for meetings such as Program Office Configuration Change Board (CCB), Platform Technical Review Board (PTRB) and other required Program Office specific meetings.
- Support implementation and use of M&S best practices including cost-benefit tools, standards information, data exchange techniques, authoritative data, and architectures.
- Master’s degree in technical area.
- Active Secret with ability to obtain Top Secret Clearance with Sensitive-Compartmented Information (SCI) access. Active TS preferred.
- Experience designing and developing models using large amounts of structured and unstructured data.
- Desire ten (10) years of experience and knowledge in data engineering and design to include:
-Navy C2 and data systems including operational and technical architectures
-Intelligence Community Information Technology
-Enterprise Government and industry standards (e.g., National Information Exchange Model)
-Military Force Track Data mining, machine learning, natural language processing, and information retrieval
-Extending existing pedigree and provenance data items to a complete logical ontology for use across C2, IO, ISR and data domains
-Practical application of Naval Tactical Cloud technologies such as Hadoop, emerging Hadoop-based standards such as Apache Spark, and data modeling architectures such as -Resource Description Format
Location: San Diego, California
Travel: As required
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Required Clearance: Secret with ability to obtain Top Secret Clearance with Sensitive-Compartmented Information (SCI) access. Active TS preferred.
Other jobs at Zee Force
Acquisition Cost/Pricing Support
Process Analyst, Sr
Cyber Package Technical Expert
Architecture and Engineering Analyst
Sr. Technical Data and Content Analyst (PID 1314)
Senior Software Developer Lead