Job Title: Senior Software Developer Lead
Activities: The Senior Software Developer Lead will be part of teams supporting Veteran Affairs (VA) and Department of Defense (DoD) Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) projects. This position is in Alexandria, VA.
- Provides technical, administrative, and operational management of assigned projects, including contract and subcontractor management.
- Manages the development lifecycle documentation for delivery to the customer, including project management plans, design documentation, help desk documentation, and policy documents which comply with Capability Maturity Model (CMM) Level 3.
- Reviews future project requirements and develops strategies for future work.
- Attends customer meetings, serves as primary client liaison, and provides updates weekly to the client with bulleted items for discussion.
- Interacts with vendors, other agencies, and other client staff on behalf of the client.
- Ensures quality assurance of project deliverables.
- Designs and develops software components in a fast-paced multidisciplinary environment.
- Develops accurate level of effort estimates and manages task schedules.
- Builds overall system architecture of information system, encompassing external and internal interface analysis and definition, as well as functional requirement allocations.
- Works with system users to identify problems with focus on performance tuning and patches.
- Understands customer requirements with respect to the success of the business goal and can translate them into a technical implementation.
- Suggests innovative solutions to business problems/processes that leverage technology to provide performance improvements and better user experiences.
- Reviews designs and code deliverables to establish adherence to development standards and provides feedback/coaching to developers on areas for improvement.
- Analyzes, consolidates and tunes SQL queries for optimal efficiency.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical-related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience. Five (5) years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Active Secret Clearance required.
- Must be a U.S. citizen to obtain and maintain a DOD security clearance.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Current knowledge of relevant technology
- Strong understanding of Dot Net programming best practices
- Strong understanding of Dot Net technologies more focused on MVC 5.0, ASP.Net Web API, ASP.NET 2.0, 3.5, AJAX, and LINQ
- Strong understanding of SDLC processes and methodologies
- Strong experience in using Design Patterns
- Experience in building enterprise web applications
- Possess extensive object-oriented design and development experience
- Very strong at XML and Web services technologies
- Very proficient in T-SQL (SQL Server 2012) programming
- Experience with AWS, especially integrating DoD systems into AWS, is highly desired.
- Experience supporting the Department of Veterans Affairs is highly desired.
Other jobs at Zee Force
Acquisition Cost/Pricing Support
Process Analyst, Sr
Cyber Package Technical Expert
Architecture and Engineering Analyst
Sr. Technical Data and Content Analyst (PID 1314)
Senior Software Developer Lead