Job Title: Senior Tactical Data Link System Engineer
Location: San Diego, California
Activities: These positions will support the Program Executive Office Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence (PEO C4I) in their work to transform, modernize, improve, and sustain current and future operational maritime tactical Command and Control needs into effective and affordable C2 capabilities for Navy, Marine Corps, Joint, and Coalition warfighters. The overarching goal is to integrate programs into single C2 capabilities, provide configuration and scalable solutions to various platforms, and align to the FORCEnet roadmap.
- Apply system engineering principles and expertise to review and provide technical comments on the specifications and interface documents that establish the Functional Baseline (FBL), Allocated Baseline (ABL) and Product Baseline (PBL), to include reviewing Technical Data Packages. Lead technical reviews of the FBL, ABL and PBL.
- Define, design, and develop new system requirements and allocation of System and Subsystem requirements. Coordinate design of subsystems and integration of total system.
- Conduct technical investigations in systems design. Verify stability, interoperability, portability, security, or scalability of system architecture. Provide technical guidance or support for the development or troubleshooting of systems.
- Prepare documentation such as system specifications, test procedures, and presentations for technical briefings as required.
- Plan and conduct systems engineering, engineering analyses, trade studies and feasibility assessments in support of systems engineering activities including technical support for Analyses of Alternatives (AoAs).
- Assist with the development of the C4ISR Data Strategy which includes Information Operations (IO), Combat Systems, Tactical Communications, C2 and Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) domains.
- Review architectures describing engineering requirements and solutions. Review engineering architectures that address implementation issues. Review or develop engineering reference implementations and tools to validate policies, procedures and compliance with standards
- Review system-level integration test and evaluation plans and procedures, identify and report deficiencies, originate reviews for operations and maintenance procedures or checklists for fielded systems. Support system requirements development and allocation to product baselines for new ship construction platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering. Active Secret DoD security clearance.
- At least 8 years of system engineering and project management experience with USN shipboard combat systems, Command and Control Processor (C2P) and Link 16 systems.
- Knowledge of shipboard combat system and tactical data link system architecture to include tactical data link functional allocation and interfaces between specific combat system and tactical data link systems.
- Project management experience in applying relevant combat system/TDL system engineering expertise to tactical data link projects and/or TDL prime mission product development efforts.
- Ability to apply relevant system engineering expertise in support program life cycle cost estimates.
- Desire 4 years of technical project management experience including the development of Product Work Breakdown Structures, Integrated Master Schedules, and conducting Integrated Baseline Reviews.
- Desire experience in monitoring project execution using Earned Value Management techniques.
Locations: San Diego, California
Travel: As required
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Required Clearance: Secret
Other jobs at Zee Force
Acquisition Cost/Pricing Support
Process Analyst, Sr
Cyber Package Technical Expert
Architecture and Engineering Analyst
Sr. Technical Data and Content Analyst (PID 1314)
Senior Software Developer Lead